True hand-held computers that have been in use for centuries, these wooden Astrolabes are instruments that can be used by everyone to read and anticipate the position of the stars and can serve as a clock, a compass, or a telescope... All this in your hands !
- 16,5 cm diameter (6,5")
- Softwood plywood made from spruce
- Laminated labels or transfer onto wood
- User's manual - 20 pages about its history and main usages
You can get this wooden measuring instrument in four different versions:
- Regular Astrolabe: your wooden astrolabe will be delivered ready-to-use along with your user's Manual
- Kit Astrolabe: prepare it yourself and learn while assembling your astrolabe
- Wood Transfer Astrolabe: vintage quality of printing using a wood transfer technique
- Personalized Wood Transfer Astrolabe: add your name on the back of your astrolabe!
AVAILABLE BOTH IN ENGLISH and FRENCH
ADDITIONAL CLIMATES - FREE DOWNLOADING
1. Print your new Climate and glue it on thick paper
2. Insert it into the Womb. For higher precision, ensure that the Climate is inserted according to the above illustration with the colored dots matching one another.
3. You can store several Climates in your astrolabe if you plan to use it under different latitudes!
These Climates are all prepared to fit exactly your astrolabe and be used in the Northern Hemisphere. For Southern Hemisphere or the other parts of your Astrolabe, please contact me ! ;-)
- Climate Latitude 65N
- Climate Latitude 60N
- Climate Latitude 55N
- Climate Latitude 50N
- Climate Latitude 45N
- Climate Latitude 40N
- Climate Latitude 35N
- Climate Latitude 30N
- Climate Latitude 25N